If you’re thinking now might be the ideal time to put your house on the market, you are not the only one. Summer suits many buyers and sellers as they have holidays, longer evenings and there is a lower stock of houses coming to the market. These sizzling summer tips will get you off to the right start:
1. Preparation. Small adjustments such as painting and de-cluttering can help get you a quick sale for the best price.
2. Highlight Outdoor Living space. Cut the Grass, plant flowers, trim plants. Present the decking area and patio to their best. Stage the outside with garden furniture.
3. Pricing the home right can make a great difference. Properties that are initially overpriced tend to eventually sell at a lower price.
4. Have all your paperwork sorted. A good estate agent will know how to handle all the information at their disposal to attract potential buyers. Highlight the good.
5. De-personalize your home. Get rid of children and pets and make your home as neutral as possible. Overly “lived-in-look” is quickest way to get potential buyers out of the door.
6. Choosing the best estate agent. All home sellers should expect the best. At Global Properties (Cork City 021/4273038 & Ballincollig 021/4877133) we strive to give the best service humanly possible. We are licensed and very experienced in selling Cork Homes.
7. First Impressions. Get the most out of your viewings, fresh flowers, open curtains etc. It’s not the only factor but first impressions count.
8. Fix everything that needs to be fixed. Whether it’s a wonky doorknob or the boiler. If you want to sell your house fast it should be picture perfect.
9. Curb appeal: Clean and paint everything from the footpath to the front door. The bright and sunny days mean that people take their time and SEE EVERYTHING, as they enter your home (as opposed to running in to avoid the rain in the winter.)
10. Call Global Properties, and relax….. We will advise you all the way to “SOLD”. Visit www.globalproperties.ie to contact us, like us on Facebook.